New Year's resolution: Be alert!!!

Today while I was searching for something else, I suddenly came across this blog-entry at Nature Chemistry's blog:

NATURE CHEMISTRY | THE SCEPTICAL CHYMIST

Correcting the record

In it, NC's editor Stuart Cantrill admits that all journals can make mistakes (which is normal) and highlights two corrections for Nature Chemistry papers, both of which have been brought forward on Twitter (yes, Science2.0 works!).

One of them was based on a doubt I had while preparing a post on the Computational Chemistry Highlights about the exchange-enhanced reactivity phenomena as described by Sason Shaik in Nature Chemistry and applied in Angewandte Chemie. I contacted Stu through a DM (direct message for Twitter-newbies) upon which he proceeded forward which led eventually to the correction.

The funny thing was that I had totally forgotten about my DM until I saw the "Correcting the record" post by Stu today. So, my self-imposed first New Year's resolution is to be more alert to these things...




Comments

Popular Posts